Nokia’s Lumia 1020 camera-phone, has been selling like crazy ever since it was released to the open market. The 41 megapixel snapper of the device has been the talk of the town. The AT&T version of the Nokia Lumia 1020 is priced at $299 on a 2-year contract, but the camera phone is at a unbeatable discount from Amazon. The Lumia 1020 is priced at $249.99 (again with a 2-year commitment with AT&T).
The Nokia 808 PureView finally has a worthy successor – the Nokia Lumia 1020 is the culmination of Nokia’s continuous efforts to redefine smartphone photography. The company was the first to launch a massive 41MP image sensor, do optical stabilization in a phone and use high-dynamic range mics and the Lumia 1020 has it all under one roof.
Those crusty Symbians gave way to the Windows Phone 8-powered Lumia 920, which was the first phone with optical image stabilization. The OIS offers huge advantages for low-light photography, but the sensor was small and of relatively low 8.7MP resolution. There was no xenon flash either.
The Nokia Lumia 1020 makes them all proud – it has the big sensor (even if, at 1/1.5″, it’s slightly smaller than the one inside the 808 PureView) the OIS and a proper flash, all garnished with a modern-looking smartphone OS. Here’s the gist.
Nokia Lumia 1020 Specs
- General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 850/900/1900/2100 MHz; HSDPA 42.2 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps; LTE bands 1, 3, 7, 8, 20 LTE Cat 3 100Mbps down, 50Mbps up
- Form factor: Touchscreen bar
- Dimensions: 130.4 x 71.4 x 10.4; 158 g
- Display: 4.5″ 16M-color WXGA (768 x 1280 pixels) ClearBlack AMOLED capacitive touchscreen; PureMotion HD+, 2.5D sculpted Gorilla glass 3; Super sensitive touch
- Chipset: 1.5GHz dual-core Krait processor, Adreno 225 GPU, 2GB of RAM
- OS: Windows Phone 8
- Memory: 32 GB of built-in storage;
- Still camera: 41 megapixel camera with 6-lens ZEISS optics, OIS, 3x zoom, xenon and LED flashes
- Video camera: 1080p video recording at 30fps with 2 Rich Recording mics; 1.2MP front-facing camera with 720p video
- Connectivity: dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, stereo Bluetooth 3.0, standard microUSB port, GPS receiver with A-GPS and GLONASS, HERE Drive+ free worldwide navigation, 3.5mm audio jack, NFC
- Battery: 2,000mAh
- Misc: Exclusive Pro Camera app, FM Radio, built-in accelerometer, multi-touch input, proximity sensor; available in Yellow, White or Black
- Accessories: Grip with built-in 1,020mAh battery and tripod mount, Qi wireless charging cover
For more info on specs click the link: http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_1020-review-950.phpGoogle+