Has this scenario ever happened to you?
- Customer -Ordered fast food via delivery services
- Delivery driver- Calls your cell phone for directions
- Customer –Answer phone and goes to wait for delivery
- Delivery driver- Butt dials you accidentally while on his way to your residence
- Customer-Receive order oblivious to any missed calls
- Delivery driver- Returns to delivery vehicles and bad mouths you while his phone already called you thus leaving a voice note on your phone. In other words you hear every dirty thing he said about you.
What would you do in this situation?
Most people may have gotten angry and argue among themselves, others may have called the manager of the organization and demand an apology, some would have probably called the said driver and vented on him, while others may have felt bad about it and kept it to themselves.
But this individual who the following story is about took matters into his own hands and decided to not only complain about the delivery man’s disrespectful voice mail, but he posted the video on YouTube of the incident as evidence.
It all went down last Sunday in Sanford, Florida after the annoyed delivery man delivered a pizza to the Sanford customer and his wife. The delivery man accidentally “butt dialed” the customer and left a voicemail message laden with racial slurs as he complained about his tip.
The video which was posted on YouTube showed the pizza delivery receipt, explaining he and his wife tipped 21 percent, “as usual.”
In the voicemail message, the Papa John’s employee complains to another Papa John’s employee about the $5 tip and uses the N-word and other racial expletives, which he also incorporated into a song about the customer.
Papa John’s Chairman and CEO John Schnatter has since apologized to a customer, for a racist rant of the delivery man on the voicemail. Schnatter posted an apology on Papa John’s Facebook page on Monday afternoon.
“Friends, I am extremely concerned to learn about the reprehensible language used by two former employees in one of our restaurants,” the Facebook post stated. “Their thinking and actions defy both my personal and the company’s values, and everything for which this company stands.”
Schnatter said the employees “responsible for this absolutely unacceptable behavior were immediately terminated.”
What are your views on this?
Check out the four minit long video:
Sorry, this video was removed for inappropriate content